Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spicy Honey Chicken

Hello lovelies,
I cannot believe it's Sunday already! I had a 6-day work week and I am so exhausted. I barely got to rest today because I had to catch up with family and friends both here and back home, for this reason I am going to keep this post short and sweet *pun intended*...lol. As usual,I had to make something delicious for Sunday lunch to reward myself for being such a good girl during the week so I made some spicy honey chicken, baked sweet potato fries and grilled asparagus. Below is the recipe for the chicken;

Ingredients
4 chicken leg quarters
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp. ground pepper
1 tbsp. crushed red pepper
1 1/2 tsp.salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. black pepper

Directions
1. In a bowl, combine honey, olive oil, ground pepper, crushed red pepper, salt, garlic powder, ginger and black pepper and mix
2. Add the chicken to the seasoning mixture
3. Thoroughly coat the chicken with the mixture
4. Cover the bowl and marinate chicken overnight or for at least 1 hour in the fridge
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
6. Grease the baking pan
7. Remove the chicken from the bowl and place on greased baking pan
8. Bake uncovered for 40 to 60 minutes**





** From the 40-minute mark check the chicken every 5 minutes to avoid getting the chicken burnt as honey burns relatively quickly! Have a great week ahead my lovelies.

Ajike...Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment