Thursday, March 1, 2012

Chocolate-chip Banana Bread

Hello lovelies,
Happy new month! It's really scary how fast the year is going by. Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful for each new day, however, I have so much coming up in the next few months that I just need time to slow down a little bit. I started an infectious disease rotation at the hospital this week. I am yet to decide how I feel about this one but I know that seeing and hearing about HIV patients is starting to take a toll on me. It is really amazing what this people have to go through, not only are they very ill they are also being touched and probed all day long for one test or another. It gets really depressing at times, so after one of those long days at the hospital I decided to cheer myself up by making a chocolate-chip banana bread and sure enough I felt so much better afterwards. If like me you are having one of those days feel free to try this recipe, I'm sure it would cheer you up too!

Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar 
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
4 medium bananas
2 eggs
1/2 cup melted butter
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1/4 cup semi-sweet baking chocolate chips (optional)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F 
2. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder,nutmeg, baking soda, salt and stir
3. In another bowl, mash up the banana and then add the eggs and melted butter and stir


4. Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and stir
5. Add the chopped walnuts and chocolate chips and mix 
6. Grease the bottom and sides (half-way up) of a 9x5 inch loaf pan
7. Pour the batter into the loaf pan


8. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean
9. Allow to cool for 10 -15 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack
10. Once on the wire rack allow to cool completely



Once again happy new month and wishing you all a lovely month ahead. 

Ajike...Xx

2 comments:

  1. Yummy, love me some chocolate chip banana bread. Def cheers me up and our recipes are almost the same.

    ReplyDelete