Sunday, March 25, 2012

Chinese Inspired Fried Rice

Hey lovelies,
I hope you are all having a lovely weekend. My weekend has been great so far and I am really enjoying this perfect spring weather! This post is all about being prudent,I can't even begin to explain how guilty I feel when tossing out food at the end of the week. So here's my question for you, have you ever finished your stew or sauce and you still have some cooked rice leftover? If you answered yes, then this recipe is for you. This happens to me a lot and while sharing my dilemma with one of my Asian friends she gave me this recipe. It is so easy to prepare and yummy, and above all you don't ever have to feel guilty throwing out leftover rice again:)! 

Ingredients
2 1/2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tbsp. garlic (minced)
1 1/2 cups shrimp (peeled and deveined)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
2 1/2 tbsp. oyster sauce
3 cups cooked white rice 
1/2 green bell pepper (diced)

Directions
1. In a frying pan, heat oil on medium heat till hot
2. Add garlic to hot oil and brown (approximately 1-2 minutes)
3. Add shrimp, salt, ground ginger, oyster sauce and sauté for 3-5 minutes or till the shrimp is cooked
4. Stir in rice and allow to cook for 5 minutes
5. Reduce heat to medium-low
6. Stir in green bell pepper and cover
7. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes or till green bell pepper becomes tender
8. Add additional salt to taste




The best thing about the recipe is that you can always use your choice of meat and whatever vegetable you have at home, so here my lovelies is my good deed for the day:). Have a blessed week!

Ajike...Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment