Monday, April 23, 2012

Peppered Gizzard

Hello lovelies,
I hope you are having a great day so far. It feels so good not to have anywhere to go or anything to do for a change. I’m sitting pretty counting down to graduation and moving closer to Mr.B. As promised in my last post, here is the recipe for the peppered gizzard. Trust me, it is not as intimidating as it looks and the end result so worth it!
                                  
Ingredients
2 lb gizzard
2 bouillon cubes
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp curry
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp ground pepper
1 small yellow onion (peeled and diced)
5 tbsp vegetable oil
2 roma tomatoes
1 red bell pepper
1 habanero pepper
1/2 small yellow onion
1 tbsp ground pepper

Directions
1. Rinse gizzard under cold water
2. In a medium-size bowl, combine gizzard, bouillon cubes, salt, ground pepper, curry, and diced onions and mix
3. Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 1 hour
4. In a medium-size pot, pour gizzard and marinade
5. Add 6 cups of water and boil on med-high for 1 hour or till tender
6. Remove gizzard from broth
7. Discard broth
8. In a frying pan, heat 3 tbsp vegetable oil till hot
9. Add gizzard to frying pan
10. Fry gizzard till golden (Picture 1)
11. Drain gizzard on paper towel
12. In a blender, combine tomatoes, red bell pepper, yellow onion, and habanero peppers, 2 tbsp. of water and blend (half the ingredient at a time)
13. In another frying pan, add 2 tbsp. oil and heat till oil
14. Add tomato blend to the hot oil and fry for 10 minutes or until it becomes dry and puree-like in consistency
15. Add gizzard to the tomato sauce in the frying pan
16. Sauté for 5 minutes, turn off heat
17. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
18. Cover baking pan and with aluminum foil
19. Transfer gizzard unto baking pan
20. Bake for 15-20 minutes







You can enjoy it with some rice as seen in my last post or with some garri as pictured above.

Ajike...Xx

6 comments:

  1. I'm a lover of Gizzard, as soon as I saw this post I got hungry lol. It seems I know what Im gonna be making during the week. :)


    Fashion Rehab

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear, let me know how it goes! Thanks for stopping by:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will definitely true making it this way next for a change from my short cut ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey hun! Let me know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for putting the spoon on the glass of garri for easy access and immediate enjoyment ... LOL! Looks delish, and the recipe is pretty straightforward. I love the polka dot template by the way. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you dear! I dug into it as soon as the photo shoot was over..LOL.

    ReplyDelete