Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Hey lovelies,
I hope you are all having a great week so far. My fiancé, Mr.B and I had to celebrate our Valentine's Day over the weekend due to the fact that we are in a long distance relationship. It really sucks being in a long distance relationship, however, we still had a lovely weekend filled with lots of food and laughter. 
This post is for those of you still scrambling around trying to decide what to do for your special ones..P.S:I am totally judging you right now if you fall into this category! LOL. To make your lives easier I will be sharing with you this Rachel Ray inspired chocolate mousse cup recipe I got from one of my friends. It is very easy to make and the taste is simply divine.

Ingredients
1 egg
Pinch salt
2 Tbsp. sugar
2/3 cup whole milk 
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 Tbsp. hazelnut liqueur or dark rum (I used Kahlua)
4 dessert cups


1 cup whipping cream (I used cool whip)
2 Tbsp. sugar
Mint springs,strawberries or raspberries for garnish (optional)


Directions
1. Heat milk in a small pan over moderate heat until it comes to a boil
2. In blender combine egg, sugar, a pinch of salt, semi-sweet chocolate chips and liqueur
3. Turn on blender to low setting and pour in boiling milk in a slow stream
4. The hot milk will cook the egg and melt the chocolate
5. Blend 1 minute until smooth
6. Spoon chocolate into 4 demitasse cups and refrigerate over 1 hour or up to overnight

1. In another bowl beat whip cream until soft peaks form
2. Add sugar and beat to combine
3. Top the chocolate cups with a dollop of cream and garnish each cup as desired 




I hope you all have an amazing Valentine's Day!


Ajike...Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment